March 20, 2010

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene




This is my dear friend Jolene Turner. Isn't she lovely? Jolene and I met about five or six years ago at a charming, little, Scottish pub in Chicago. We discovered that we both grew up in the exact same part of Minnesota. She even used to frequent the library across the street from the house that I grew up in. We have both done quite a bit of moving around during our friendship, but have become even closer despite the distance. I think it's because of our shared love of kitties, thrift store shopping, the Beales, bicycles, Jack White, and each other. She is currently living and working in New York. She is a writer, blogger, actress, comedian, jewelry maker, and animal activist. She loves the color pink, and is not afraid to color coordinate her outfit with her bicycle helmet. She's like the big sister I never had. She is one of my closest, craziest, and toughest friends. She even snorts a little when she's laughing really hard. I love her dearly.

1 comment: