April 24, 2012

Summer Break





My summer break starts in one week! I have a few more papers left to write and tests left to take, but then I'm done! I really can't wait to just get back into that super relaxed mode for a while. I don't have any major plans until late summer, so I can do just about anything. There are a few things that my husband and I seem to do every summer that really I'm looking forward to doing again. I love that we have started making our own traditions together. I can't wait to spend a weekend in the pool with the in-laws in Indianapolis. We do it every summer. We also like to get a little picnic together and a few friends and go canoeing on the Chicago River. Hopefully, we will start up some kickball games really soon.

I'm finally going to make curtains for our kitchen with the fabric that Ryan brought home from his trip to Ghana. I've been saying it for a while, but I swear it's really going to happen this summer. I have a few friends visiting in May. Being able to spend more time with friends is one of the best things about summer. I plan on going on a few epic bike rides. I still have not been to the Baha'i Temple. That is a bike ride/day trip that we have been discussing, and it really needs to happen this year. We have a bunch of weddings to attend in the next few months. I love weddings, because it means getting dressed up, dancing and celebrating.

In August, Ryan and I will be celebrating our one year wedding anniversary. We are going to take a little road trip to visit our family and friends in Madison and the Twin Cities. Then just the two of us are going to continue our drive out to the Badlands, and we're staying at a haunted hotel. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but at least it will be exciting. And I've always got Ryan there to protect me. I can't wait to see that part of the country. I know it's going to be beautiful. Ahhh summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment