July 23, 2012

California Dreaming






Once again I am at a point where I can't stop thinking about living in Los Angeles, even more specifically the Abbot Kinney neighborhood in Venice. My husband and I love it there. I moved to Chicago just about nine years a go, and it's a great city. But to be completely honest I'm just over it. I want to be living somewhere that, between the cold winters and hot summers, I won't feel cooped up the majority of the year. I am an outdoorsy person, so the ocean and mountains are another huge draw for me. It's just such a beautiful, diverse city with an interesting history and culture. Some of my best friends live there, and my friends are like family to me. My husband and I both have a little more school left here in Chicago, and then I would really love to live in LA at least for a little while. My only concern is the whole driving thing. Neither one of us has had a car in a long time for a lot of reasons. I'm not sure I would like to have to drive everywhere. Ryan seems to think that we could still ride our bikes around, and maybe he's right. It's been about four years now that I have been longing to move to LA, I really hope that it happens and sooner rather than later.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I love some if the images on this post. More specifially the one of the graffitied boat. Did you take this? If so, would you be able to send me the larger file? I live in Venice and want to put it on my wall.

    Did you ever make it to LA?

    ReplyDelete