July 26, 2012

My Kind Of Town Chicago


Lincoln Park Conservatory




view from the top of the Hancock

the lakefront path


Village Discount Outlet



the beaches






Great Lake


One of my favorite bloggers, James from bluebird, is planning a trip to Chicago and has asked her readers to give suggestions for places to check out while she is here with her family. This inspired me to actually do the post that I have just been thinking about doing for some time now. These are some of my favorite spots and things to do in the city I live in. Choosing my favorite spots was a little harder than I thought it would be. It's so difficult to narrow it down, and I'm sure I am leaving some major stuff out. It was also a fun little exercise. After living here for so long I am beginning to take the city for granted. This is just a small sampling and reminder of the places I would miss. This post also makes me realize that I need to get out a little more. Being the combination of a working student, a bit of a homebody and a creature of habit has made my experiences in this city very limited for the past few years. There are so many places in Chicago that I would like to go to, but have not been to (not yet). I also feel the need to point out that I am a Northsider and pretty much always have been. Even though the North side is huge it really only makes up about a fourth of the city. There is so much of the city that I know very little about.

No comments:

Post a Comment