August 7, 2012

A Confederacy of DUNCES



One of my favorite simple pleasures is imagining adapting stories and books into films and then casting them. I think I would have made a great casting director. I would love to pick Juliet Taylor's brain. She's got to be the best one around. Anyways, yesterday Ryan and I were sitting outside having a beer and I told him that I thought the book A Confederacy of Dunces should be made into a film. More specifically I thought Zach Galifianakis would be perfect to play Ignatius and Kathy Bates should play his mom. Then I looked it up online about fifteen minutes ago and discovered that this is already in the works! At least the the part of Zach playing Ignatius is. I almost can't even believe it. I'm super excited to see it if and when it does happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment