August 2, 2012

Breaking The Law

Here is my question/thought of the day: Is it possible to break the law when the laws are already broken? I know the obvious answer is yes. But what about when you consider the laws that are not so clear cut and that are not in the best interest of the people? Maybe I have been watching too many documentaries and then there is that fictional book Atlas Shrugged. When I was about fourteen I was walking through the woods with a friend, and she said something along the lines of, "To rebel is to conform, and to conform is to rebel." At the time that made a lot of sense to me, but now not so much. I think to rebel is to rebel and to conform is to conform. Maybe she was right. I guess it's all based on your perspective. The fact is that sometimes breaking the law doesn't hurt anyone, while some laws devastate lives, communities and entire societies.


No comments:

Post a Comment