August 7, 2012

Nuts To You



Here is a delicious and healthy savory vegan snack. This recipe is a little wacko, because the amounts are really up to you and what you prefer. Get a sizable mix of your favorite shelled nuts. Some of my favorites are almonds, Brazil nuts and pistachios. Fill a sealable container with them. Add a bit of cayenne pepper. I would say about about 1/8 of a tsp per cup of nuts, more or less depending on how much spice you like. Add about three tbs of bragg liquid aminos and seal. Shake it up, and let it sit for about an hour. The nuts will soak up most of the bragg during that time. Pour the mix onto a baking sheet, spread the nuts evenly and leave them in the oven at about 300 for about a half hour or until a little browned. That's it. These are so tasty, simple to make and good for you. My next snack project is making some vegan chocolates. I haven't been into what's offered at the stores. So I ordered a few tools. Hopefully I retained a little knowledge of working with chocolate from my year spent at the patisserie. 


No comments:

Post a Comment