November 29, 2012

Belize and Ghana: It Wasn't In The Cards


I don't want to give anyone the wrong idea. I am absolutely thrilled to be pregnant and for my husband and I to become parents. I am, however, still thinking about the trips we had planned and now have to give up or postpone. My husband got a grant to organize and update the music archives for the University in Ghana. He is just going to postpone his trip to Ghana until after the baby is born. I'm hoping that either my mother or my mother-in-law will come help me out for a bit with the baby while he is away. I was planning on going to Belize this spring to study the various ecosystems in the coral reefs and rain forests. I just couldn't imagine camping in the rain forest and flying in tiny airplanes while 7 months pregnant, so I recently decided to give up my spot. The study in Belize is happening with or without me. It would have been such an amazing experience, but I wouldn't trade it for this little baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment