May 5, 2013

my style









I will admit I'm in a place where I've begun to forget what my style is. It has definitely taken a nose dive in these last few months of pregnancy. Just the physical act of getting dressed has become a challenge, so now I just opt for what's most comfortable and what will actually fit over my belly. Thankfully, I haven't worn my sweat pants outside of the apartment just yet, although I have considered it a few times. I have been wearing my running shoes for more than just running, and honestly I haven't run once while pregnant  (except to catch the bus). 

I can only fit into about one-tenth of my already minimal wardrobe at this point, and I have refused to buy maternity clothes with the exception of a few pairs of pants. Thankfully, my friend Emily gave me some of her old maternity clothes, and that has helped out quite a bit recently. So this post is just a reminder to myself of what my style is.

 I'm really just a jeans and t-shirt person, but they've got to have a little something extra that makes them special or unique. It could be something as simple as the fabric or a little design detail. When I do get dressed up I prefer wearing something vintage or vintage inspired. Honestly I can hardly wait to comfortably fit into my jeans again and actually have some fun getting dressed. I almost forgot what that feels like. My clothes are going to feel like new and like dear old friends at the same time. Truthfully, I'm even more excited about dressing my daughter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment