May 24, 2013

waiting


My pregnancy has not been very easy or too difficult either. I had a hard time actually getting pregnant and then dealt with a miscarriage last summer. I have also experienced the majority of the typical pregnancy symptoms and discomforts throughout this pregnancy. I won't go into details, but it's not fun and sometimes even gross, if you know you know. Now I am just waiting to go into labor and to meet my baby. 

I would not have guessed that this part would be the hardest. I thought being in school and working while pregnant was hard. I couldn't wait for that to be over so I could just relax and "enjoy" pregnancy. At this point I am actually very thankful to relax. I can't even imagine how I would find the energy to do all of the things I was doing early on in my pregnancy. Now I'm just so huge that the long walks I imagined going on once I had the free time and the weather permitted are much shorter than I thought they would be. The amount of energy I have to see my friends is dwindling and I'm not even very good company for my husband. I'm just too tired, huge and uncomfortable to be much fun at all. 

I know every pregnancy is different, but I really just had no idea what to expect throughout this whole process of becoming and being pregnant. I didn't grow up around women who shared stories about this part of their lives. Thankfully reading books on the subject has helped, and my doula is an incredible wealth of knowledge. More than anything I just can't wait to finally meet my little baby, hold her in my arms and feel the freedom to move my body with comfort and ease again. I know it's all coming very soon, but the waiting is just so hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment