July 5, 2013

good things come to those who wait






I'm still waiting to start dressing like myself again. I've definitely noticed the pounds dropping since giving birth, and I'm sure I can fit into most of my old clothes. It's just that I've been spending most of my time inside, with my baby, nursing, snuggling and doing some serious bonding with skin on skin time. My tops don't seem to last longer than thirty minutes without getting some sort of baby induced spots or stains on them. So these days I'm much more careful to wear clothes that I don't mind getting a little dirty, or don't mind no longer wearing once I'm past this phase of motherhood. Last week my husband actually said that I looked like I was dressed for a Phish concert. I'm not sure if that's good or bad these days, but what I am sure of is that look has never been one that I've gone for. Surely one of these days I will venture outside again with some thought and a little effort put into what I'm wearing, and I know it will feel amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment