August 29, 2013

i wear what i want (sort of)






One of the many perks of being a student and taking care of another person is that I can wear what I want. I don't have any sort of uniform or a standard of dress to uphold. I'm able to be creative when I get dressed or just dress for exactly how I'm feeling that day. It's been this way for me for a while. 

Lately, though, I feel like the amount of clothes I have that I can actually wear has dwindled down to almost nothing. On top of that I don't really have a lot of clothes to begin with. It's not like I'm hurting for clothes. I've just always tried to keep only what I wear and buy only what I love. I find that when I have too many choices I start to get overwhelmed. The majority of my clothes still don't fit comfortably since my pregnancy. When I pick out a shirt now I have to think about if I can easily breast feed my baby in it and if it will show through if I start to leak. This has been very limiting for me when I am deciding what to wear, and I've discovered that when I have too few choices I also feel something similar to being overwhelmed. 

All I'm really trying to say is that I'm looking forward to having the freedom to dress like myself again one day soon and to wear anything in my closet. This seems to be the recurring theme for the year, and so I'm afraid I may be starting to forget what my style is exactly. So here are a few pictures to serve as reminders and inspiration for my future self.

No comments:

Post a Comment