December 10, 2013

it's that time of year again










It's December, cold and covered in snow here in Chicago, so it really feels like that time of year. This is our first Christmas with the baby, and we have plans to spend it with family and loved ones getting cozy by the fire, eating, telling stories, giving and receiving gifts and relaxing. I'm not usually into the holidays. In fact, I've always been a bit of a scrooge, even when I was a youngster. Always. I think having a baby has made me look at things differently. I want to make the holidays a special time for my daughter.

I am not making any new years resolutions this year. I say this almost every year, but I really mean it this time. They never seem to stick anyways. Instead, I am just looking forward to what the year brings and watching my beautiful daughter grow. I am hoping to become a little more productive this year. It's been hard for me. Ruby is quite demanding of my time and energy. She wants to be right next to me all of the time, even when she's sleeping. So I've spent more time than I ever could have imagined just laying around inside with my baby this year. It's been quite a change of pace and lovely.

with that said HAPPY HOLIDAYS, SEASON'S GREETINGS, HAPPY HANUKKAH, HAPPY KWANZAA, HAPPY NEW YEAR, MERRY CHRISTMAS and all the rest...



No comments:

Post a Comment