May 11, 2014

my first mother's day






I have to admit I was a little disappointed when I found out my husband wouldn't be able to spend my first Mother's Day with me. He had to work since he had already taken a few days off to speak at a conference. Luckily, we ended up spending so much more time together than usual because of that time off. It really ended up feeling like the whole weekend was Mother's Day. 

We went out to eat as a family a few times, which is an extremely rare occasion for us. We even got to eat outside since the weather was insanely beautiful! Ruby loved it and was so well behaved. She tried all sorts of new foods including; burrata at Spacca Napoli, ice cream at Jeni's, and various Mexican food at El Tapatio. I ate so much delicious food and enjoyed a few drinks, too. We took some long walks and late afternoon naps. We played in the park and went on a little trip to see the Baha'i Temple. 

Today (Mother's Day) I was able to sneak off, for a bit, by myself before my husband went to work. I saw Unbound, the Frida Kahlo exhibit, and so much more at the MCA. I found a little blank puzzle for Ruby to draw on at the gift shop. I was even able to squeeze in a little bit of shopping on Michigan Avenue before I had to head back home to take care of Ruby. It ended up being a really great and memorable first Mother's Day after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment