If you're like me then you're a strong believer that every single day should be treated as Earth Day. After all this is our home, where our ancestors lived and where future generations will live (if all goes well). The Earth was here long before any of us ever were, and will be here long after us. In honor of this day I've created a short list of both simple and challenging things we all can and should do. Some of these have become habitual for me, while others are still goals of mine.
1. WALK MORE (If you're going somewhere that's walking distance then walk there, don't drive. It's good exercise, too)
2. BIKE MORE (same as above)
3. DON'T WASTE WATER (Water is not a renewable resource, sustainably speaking. Turn off the faucet while you're brushing your teeth, washing your hands, doing the dishes or whatever. If your not rinsing something then you don't need the water running. It's so easy to turn it off and on as needed.)
4. UNPLUG (Your iPhone uses about as much energy as your refrigerator. So unplug it and the charger when you're not charging it. Just unplug more stuff in general.)
5. DON'T EAT ANIMALS AND ANIMAL PRODUCTS (If that's totally out of the question for you then try to eat less, a lot less. It's better for you, the environment, future generations and well innocent loving animals.)
6. DIY (Start a garden large or small, cook more, try new recipes and make all sorts of stuff.)
7. USE A WATER BOTTLE (Stop buying water, buy a water filter, fill it up and take it with you. I use a Keith Haring Sigg bottle and love it.)
8. LIVE WITH LESS (How much do you really need to make you happy? Stop buying so much stuff. If you feel like you need to shop constantly for things that you don't really need then they've already gotten to you. It's not too late though.)
9. EDUCATE YOURSELF (Learn about the issues so you can figure out how you can best help.)
10. LIVE THOUGHTFULLY (These things take time to form into habits. So it may take a lot of thought and effort at first. That's a good thing,)
That's it. Feel free to add more in the comments if you like. One last thing which is a huge pet peeve of mine, ABSOLUTELY DO NOT LITTER! There are so many people working extremely hard to protect the planet (like risking their lives hard), the least you can do is throw your trash into a garbage.